You showed up in:
- Amelia's goodmorning hug.
- Joe's and Justin's outstretched hands and sneaky grins, telling me they miss 3rd grade.
- the radishes, and lettuce and spinach and arugula, my 3rd graders harvested this afternoon.
- Grace's afternoon romp around the yard.
- mom and dad's collective voices telling me they love me.
- an email from Aunt Blanche.
- a hug from my girl.
- a pat on the back from my boy.
- W's unexpected visit, just to "hug my neck." (He's so southern!)
- a song from itunes.
- a book on my nook.
You are completely old school and 21st century - the alpha and the omega, the sunrise and the sunset, too much to comprehend on a Tuesday night. You were there with me in the darkness where you reminded me that I was created to be a child of light. You are with me in this goodness and you will stay constant when shadows creep in again.
Forgive me for my impatience, for my constant struggle to "fix" things, for my inability to see my fellow human beings (especially the ones who truly annoy me) with your eyes.
Thanks for letting me see you today, God. I'll be looking for you tomorrow as well.