- I deserve to be well and happy.
- I am not fat and lazy.
- I need the prozac.
- I really do have a mental illness.
- I'm not kidding myself; I have the capacity to be healthy.
- Therapy is a good use of time and money.
- It's not weird to depend on a dog as much as I depend on Grace.
Just a few of the statements I've made out loud to counter the silent voice that tries to convince me that I'm not worthy, that there's nothing wrong with me, that I'm more messed up now than ever.
I'm glad it's time for bed, and that tomorrow is a brand new gift.